Friday, October 2, 2015

Retro fridays and gameboy color

I remember when the gameboy color was announced and the pics were in nintendo power, it blew me away seeing the gameboy have color. When it came out I played it at best buy(link's awakening dx) and was amazed at how colorful the graphics were. I didn't get one until 2 years later. I did get link's awakening dx for my gameboy pocket when it came out and the lack of color kept eating at me. Until the day I got my gbc then I could go into the color dungeon and literally said "that's it". The gbc was a huge improvement over the other gameboys due to it's screen

It was reflective and had high contrast so there was less blurring and you could actually see the gameplay. I remember it was popular thanks to pokemon. Those early gbc games were hit and miss but my favorite was wario land 2 and tetris dx and rampage world tour

Sadly I sold my gbc to funcoland to buy ps1 games although I did get a gameboy advance shortly after. In the meantime I been looking for a cheap one for nostalgia reasons


No comments:

Post a Comment