Thursday, October 1, 2015

We have forgotten how to be social

I have been gone from facebook for 8 months and counting and many people would find it difficult to be away for so long but I found it surprisngly easy. Society as a whole relies on facebook to be social. I grew up in a time when being social was playing in the streets with your friends or hanging out after school and trading pokemon or going to the mall with your friends or just exploring the neighborhood as a pack in a similar manner to the guys in the movie sandlot. I blame facebook that made it ok to consider being on facebook as a way to socialize. I have excellent people skills and these don't shine through on fb, I am much socialable in person which is the way I grew up

So many people would rather like a picture on fb then go to say a library and join a reading club. Idk about you but I don't need facebook to have a life or friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment