Friday, August 14, 2015

Retro fridays and ultìmate mortal kombat 3

Why umk3? I believe that it was everywhere when it was released in 1995 especially on home systems. I remember the first time I played it I was blown away. The cabinet has killer skeleton artwork and the sound is amazing. I wasn't a mk noob but the best thing to me was that smoke was a normal playable character. The little kid version of me enjoyed playing as scorpion and ermac and classic subzero. It later came out for the playstation and sega saturn so I didn't think I would ever get to own the game

But one month i read in egm that umk3 was coming to my little super nintendo and sega genesis. I was so happy that this new game was coming out on the outdated system I owned. I rented it twice and obviously could not afford it on a little kid's salary of selling candy.

Eventually I did get it for my 2nd snes in 2002 and I was extremely happy. I realized how a killer arcade game could be toned down for the snes but I didn't care. I was and still am good with robot smoke and scorpion


No comments:

Post a Comment