Saturday, August 22, 2015

Retro saturdays and aol instant messenger aka aim

AIM is something that I have a long history with. Ok it's not that long but It does seem like it. I first got aim when my dad signed us up for AOL back in 2002. I remember going to the various chatrooms(I still have a screen cap printed out) and lots of people would always ask to cyber and what my ASL was. My dad got rid of AOL but I still kept my aim account so I just dl'd aim. This is where things took off,    I was extremely popular and had lots of friends. I would always make sure I had the perfect away message

The cool kids always made sure to be away all the time but somehow they could still talk to you. I'm not sure how they did that ghost phantom talking but it was neat. The last stand of my aim days was when I got my first laptop and I got trillian. I kept it for 2 years then that laptop broke so I got another one but decided not to install trillan because not many people
Were using it. From time to time I would log into aim express then ebuddy and I would do that now but I'm not sure if they still work


No comments:

Post a Comment