Friday, September 4, 2015

Retro fridays and banjo kazooie

For those that don't somehow know, banjo kazooie was a platformer for the nintendo 64 and it was released in 1998. This game is what I think of when I see 1998. I remember playing it at best buy and sears frequently and there was nothing more I wanted then BK. I got the june 1998 issue of nintendo power in the mail{I had a subscription} and that just made me want the game more. Keebler had a contest where if you find a gold puzzle piece in a package of cookies then you win an n64 and BK. Obviously I had many day dreams about winning

The game itself is pretty good. Now it's pretty dated gameplay wise but at the time it was a huge game that appealed to me because of it's characters and worlds. I have a soft spot for the 1st level(small mountain) and the beach level and the snow level and the swamp level. I never get tired of exploring those levels and every time I play it's like I'm in 1998 again with a bright outlook. I do have BK on my wii so hmmm......


No comments:

Post a Comment