Friday, September 11, 2015

Retro fridays and myspace

It might seem too early to consider myspace retro but it's my blog and it has changed. Myspace is still around but changed around 2011 to a flash based layout so it's not the same site it once was. I made my profile in 2004 and was around for the "prime" of myspace. It was like facebook but without your parents or relatives being your friends. You could customize your background which everyone seem to use the same confusing picture. You could make a 5 or 6 playlist that autoplays when someone visits your profile so they are assaulted by your love of nickleback

There was scene kids which pretty much only talked to other scene kids and acted like they were better then everyone else all while posting bulletins telling you to add other scene kids. People used to make a big deal out of your top 8 and I probably lost some friends because of it. "LOL I'm not your top 1?" "then why are we friends anyways"

I miss the simpler time when it wasn't all encompassing, myspace wasn't for adults but they could use it too. I loved the classifieds and it's how I met some current friends. I'll never forget logging in and seeing the new message or new friend request notification. Sadly the old site only exists in picture form but it was fun while it lasted



No comments:

Post a Comment