Wednesday, September 2, 2015

To continue on the topic about depression

Lots of times I have heard "omg I can't go to the concert I'm so depressed" and it frustrates me. because depression is no joking matter. It is a legitmate medical condition that you can't just "man up" and snap out of it. Sure there are moments when you don't feel sad but you know that you still have depression.

Anyways I have had it as far back as freshman year in high school. It was all about a girl too who ended up telling on me then that lead to me going to see a therapist(not at school) for the rest of the school year. It came roaring back a few years later and now being unemployed doesn't help matters. Yes not having a job holds me back, if I had a job then I wouldn't have as much stress or anxiety or self doubt about myself. This doesn't mean that I'm mentally unstable or irrational or throw pity parties all the time.

I and most other people can have productive lives with depression

No comments:

Post a Comment