Friday, July 29, 2016

Retro fridays and bookit! reading club

As it's name suggests, bookit club was about running ok it was reading. I'm not sure it's still around(I hope it still is) but it was extremely popular wnen I was a kid. Anyways the program would go as follow, you would read a substantial book(I usually read goosebumps) then the teacher would somehow verify you read it(I'm not sure how she did) you would get a sticker to add to the classroom chart of progress

Once you got a certain amount of stickers you'll get a coupon for a free pan pizza from pizza hut. This developed my love of pizza hut that continues to this day and most likely contributed to the childhood obesity rate

That's pretty much all it was among with free pins and stickers but it kept kids reading in the 90's

No comments:

Post a Comment