Friday, July 15, 2016

Retro fridays and kmart's kcafe

Walmart nowadays has a mcdonalds or a subway inside a walmart store but they got the idea from kmart and it's kcafe. Despite it's name of cafe, it was more like the little food store inside current target stores

They sold hot doggs and frozen coke and icee and churros and sub style sandwhiches. I would sometimes run to the goosebumps books then to the kcafe to get myself a hot dogg or a churro and an icee while my mom shopped(it was a super kmart and was huge) the best part is that I didn't get kidnapped because it was the 90's and back then kids were free to be by themselves

Sadly many of the kcafe's(why didn't the just call them kafe's) were converted into little cesar's as I have seen at the kmarts I been to this decade. While pizza is yummy, it doesn't have the same feeling as going into the little store and getting a sandwhich and icee

This picture is from the early 00's but you would think it's from the 80's or 90's because of the dated furniture and the lighting


No comments:

Post a Comment