Friday, February 17, 2017

Retro fridays and y yo sigo aqui by paulina rubio

If you haven't heard of this song or paulina rubio, it's ok it happens. Anyways paulina rubio is a mexican pop star who is still popular and y yo sigo aqui was her breakout hit in 2001. It had auto tune before auto tune was cool or well used. Anyways the song itself is pretty standard pop fair but what drove me and other guys to paulina is the music video. It has some redonklously dirty dancing with paulina in a wife beater tank top(white) and she lifts it up and almost takes it off

It also doesn't help that this song was constantly on spanish language radio channels so I would frequently hear it when I would go for a truck ride. There is also a somewhat less risque version of the music video that takes place on the beach in case your wondering. The song quickly lost it's luster and most people have forgotten about it but not me. Sometimes I'll listen to it and I'm reminded of those trips to food 4 less or to walmart or to target

Here's the link to the video

No comments:

Post a Comment