Saturday, February 11, 2017

Retro saturdays and smucker's hard shell for ice cream

Smucker's hard shell is exactly what it's name suggests. It's sold in a squeezable container similar to chocolate sauce and it even looks like chocolate sauce coming out but once you put it on ice cream, that's where the magic happens. Rather then staying in a liquidy form, it hardens and forms a shell on top of your ice cream which you could smash with you spoon to have pieces of chocolate in your ice cream. Growing up I used to always get this at lucky's and I spent many times in summers pouring a liquid shell on my ice cream. It amazed little kid me and it still amazes me now

There are many flavors that were released throughout the years but the original chocolate version is my go to favorite. It started out in 1997 and quickly became a hit then petered out by the mid 00's but I still remember that hard shell for ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment