Thursday, November 20, 2014

Big changes are ahead for me(long blog entry ahead)

Well not that big since I'm not moving or anything similar to that. I should have toned the title down but this is still a big change for me. I am going to take all online classes for the spring semester in order to have a much more flexible schedule (I currently go to classes 3 times a week for 12 hours in total). I have always had at least one class on campus until this upcoming spring semester. So why am I doing this? besides the flexible schedule, I only need 6 more classes(not counting the spring semester) and I need to be a full time student in order to get a free bus pass. Why do I need a free bus pass? I would spend $4.35 a day on bus fare and that's just for one day. Imagine if I had class 3 times a week then multiply that times 16. Yes it adds up especially when I have a math and english class that require you to purchase an access code that also isn't cheap. I believe that having classes 3 times a week holds me back from getting a job. Yes I know people have flexible schedules and companies work around school but I feel like I have to have everyday open or I won't even get an interview. I know at panera bread, they were looking for employees to work on tuesdays and thursdays and with my bad luck, I had school on those days.

I couldn't get a full time schedule with the classes I needed, even if I added some filler classes so I decided to go online only and be a part time student. If things go as planned, I will get a job before may or else I will cry (I'm not sure if I'm serious or not about that). I will go to summer school and take 2 p.e. classes and possibly a photography or math or astronomy lab(whatever is open and works with my schedule). Then in the fall semester I will take what classes I need that I have left. Hopefully I can get a job by mid december or january and then I can save up to buy a vespa style scooter(100 cc or higher).

With a scooter I will be able to save $ on gas and bus fare since I will be a part time student. It will also give me more flexibility in school(I would be able to take night classes). In the meantime, one of my classes has an assignment where I have to turn in my resume and the teacher gives feedback then I correct it and turn it again until she is happy with the final results. I feel like it is too soon to apply at places such as walmart and say I have a open schedule. I will iinstead apply at food 4 less and ralph's with an open schedule since the last time I applied at a ralph's(may 2013). I didn't get a call back until mid august.

As for places I will apply at once I get my resume back and finish my class/homework. There's the puente hills mall,the soon to open dunkin donuts, party city, family dollar, two 99 cents stores, possibly 3 jack in the boxes, flame broiler, the habbit,pizza hut, buffalo wild wings, 2 targets, 2 walmarts, savers, 3 or 4 subways, vons, 3 starbucks, staples,office depot, cvs, walgreens, possibly stater bros(they have hiring events), yum yum donuts, winchell's donuts, 2 rite aids, in n out, five guys, yougurtland, menchie's yogurt, baja fresh, 2 hallmark stores, ross, big lots, 3 fresh n easy's,chilli's, olive garden,wienersnitzchel. Those are all off the top off my head and I'm sure I am forgetting others. This also isn't counting small businesses or offices I'll run into on CL or indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment