Friday, November 14, 2014

Retro friday and super mario world

Me and this game have a long history together. My parents got me a snes at the el monte swapmeet, it came with 2 controllers and super mario world. I would spend hours trying to beat the game which was hard to do because I would have to go back to get more lives. When I finally got to bowser's castle, I saved the game and turned off my snes to go to bed. Well there was a thunderstorm and the power went out and my file got erased. Yes my little kid self was crushed when I discovered how cruel the world can be. I didn't give up though and it took me 3 months but I finally got to beat the game. The music will instantly cause me to nostalgia bomb heavily especially when you defeat a koopa kid. My parents sold my snes because of my grades but I bought one about 5 years later(reuniting me with SMW). Then I sold that one 8 years later to purchase a wii. Yep SMW was the first game I got on VC. Even in handheld format I have history with it. I remember seeing the super mario advance 2 commercials which made me desperately want a gameboy advance. I traded in some ps1 games for store credit then bought a pink gba because it was 10 dollars cheaper. I got SMW for the gba 2 days later(yes I went 2 days without a game). I kept that for 4 years then I reacquired the game a year later when I traded my 2nd pokemon silver game for it. Idk what it is but I have had multiple copies of games throughout the years although not all at once. For example, I have had 4 pokemon blues and 4 yoishi's islands. Since this was my first game on my first system, I still treasure this game and it never gets old exploring all the levels

No comments:

Post a Comment