Saturday, November 22, 2014

Retro saturdays and a micro machines van

I got one of these when I was little as a birthday present among with 2 packs(5 cars each) of micro machines. I would spend every day playing with the micro city and pretending it was an actual city. There was drag races to a mountain and police chases that ended in the river and ambulance visits. I got bored of it and left it outside where it got ruined by the rain. I really regret that because while it is less then $20 to buy another one on ebay, nothing beats your original childhood toys. I saw a van city at the swap meet this past wednesday at a nerdvana post. The guy selling it wanted $110 for 56 MM cars and the van and 3 other city playsets. While a normal person might have a rodney dangerfield type of response, micro machines have gone up in value a lot since the 90's. That is actually a fair price that I would pay if I was working a stable job.

No comments:

Post a Comment