Saturday, November 29, 2014

Retro saturdays and pokemon cards

Yep pokemon cards. I remember when they first came out and they spread like bad news throughout the playground. I used to go to the santa fe springs swapmeet on fridays or saturdays to buy 1 or 3 booster packs(usually 2). I collected them until the gym leaders ones came out. I remember charizard was the hot pokemon and I always wanted one. It's sad how little it's worth now. I remember when the jungle expansion came out and it was huge at the swap meet. I would be lucky to be able to buy one pack. At the whittwood mall there was a store called game master. It sold board games and cards. So of course I bought 2 starter decks(60 cards and a coin and paper mat). I still have a few cards (about 5% of my original collection). When I get a job I'll buy a huge lot of cheap pokemon cards on ebay. Just looking at some of the cards takes me back. I do know how to battle with them since I also play the gameboy game




No comments:

Post a Comment