Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I went to the vineland swapmeet today

Yes 2 weeks in a row on the same day. This time I also had a good (although small haul). The guy with a hundred hot wheels wasn't there. The same lady that wanted $1 per micro machines didn't have the cars anymore. Another lady that wanted 75 cents per hot wheels car brought out new cars and lowered her price to 50 cents per car so I got 4 which are pictured below. Another vendor had a tray of hws and the porsche 930 was the only one that interested me. Every wednesday there is a vendor that caters to the nerd/comic book crowd with comics,action figures, magazines and hot wheels. He has a micro machines fold up van and about 50 cars. I got 3 of them which are pictured below. I didn't find the charger cable for my digital camera I bought last week although I did find more low priced cameras. I bought 2 packs of tic tacs for $1 at the same spot where I got skittles and gum last week. They also had a 28 ounce bottle of sriracha hot sauce for $2.50 but I didn't buy it. I should have started off this post with my first find. Literally 60 feet from the entrance and at the first post I run into, I see a stack of hardcover diary of a wimpy kid books. I bought 4 of them which are pictured below. I left behind the first book and the 3rd wheel. With these purchases I have all of the series except for the newest book, the long haul which came out earlier this month.

I didn't think I would find hard luck so soon and for $1 (it came out last year and they were all $1 each). The only way I'll find the last book soon is if a kid gets it taken away as punishment and the parents sell it at the swapmeet. Don't laugh, my parents did that with my super nintendo in 1996 or 97 although they didn't sell it at a swapmeet, it still hurt. All in all it was a good day that started off nicely. I'm not sure why but the porsche 930 looks like a micro machine in the pictures. It's a normal sized hot wheels car.




No comments:

Post a Comment