Saturday, November 1, 2014

Retro saturdays and yoishi's island

This game brings me back fond memories of the 90's and my childhood. I have played it before lots of times as most recently as last year. Today it felt different though. Maybe because it was a slow saturday but I could recall events from childhood that revolved around this game. I remember getting it at toys r us when it was new(they had the ticket system back then) and watching the whole intro video. For old times sake I watched it which instantly made me get something in my eye. I felt like a kid again. I started a new file then played until the first mini boss. It made me flash back to last week and to my childhood again. Last week because one of my mom's aunt had her funeral which it made hard to believe it's already been 7 days. My childhood because I used go to her house(I would take my snes) and play yoishi's island with her sons. I almost traded it for their sega genesis but I was loyal to yoishi's island. I flashed back to playing YI at sears and kmart and toys r us. Even playing YI on my snes after school was another memory that came back to me. I played it on my gba sp but I have a snes controller and a wii to get a semi faithful experience.

I really wish I could be my 8 year self again even if it's just for one day and play through. Sure I will be a kid but I wouldn't mind just as long as I went to kmart one last time 

No comments:

Post a Comment