Tuesday, April 28, 2015

I had a surprise interview at the 99 cents store

Right after I typed up my previous blog I was putting my laptop away when I got a call for an interview at 1:30pm at the 99 cents store. I quickly shaved my face and ate lunch then went on my way.  Here's something I should mention first, yesterday I had an iced coffee from panera bread. For those that haven't tried it, the iced coffee is extremely strong, so much so that I didn't finish it. I also had coffee this morning that wasn't decaf (caff coffee?) so I was feeling extremely confident. Liquor might been seen as liquid courage but to me caffeine is courage in a cup.

Ok now you know how I felt well almost, my past self would have been extremely nervous and considered not showing up but my today self was on a roll. I marched right into the store and asked a cashier about the manager and she told me to go see another cashier so I did. That cashier told me to go in the back where the manager was next to the women's restroom. Yep I had an employee knock for me and she was busy with an interview. So I waited and waited and waited(15 mins in total) then my big shot came. The interview room had no AC and the process was over pretty quickly(no P.E. jokes). She kept focusing on my availability and I had a great flexible schedule. She signed my appilcation(yes it was a paper one) and told me she would contact the district manager and set up a date for a 2nd interview.

This is the furthest I gone since I been job hunting and I hope this leads to me getting hired. I can almost taste it how it would be like to work at that 99 cents store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment