Tuesday, April 28, 2015

I spent hours watching the baltimore riots yesterday on CNN

Ok I know someone will be all "LOL why watch CNN when you can watch ___" and I'll counter with, it's the only news channel I have and the local news weren't covering the riots all day. Besides I never watch CNN and don't care about political influences.  Ok now that I got that out of the way, I watched from around 3pm to 10pm on and off and it was hypnotizing. Some things I saw were: a guy getting mad that traffic was blocked and he sped up and almost ran over protestors, people running out of a minivan with garbage bags to loot a store, A suv backing up into a flaming car, a car just heading into a fire and staying there(maybe they committed suicide?, cops making a wall around a firetruck, a lady with a baby getting out of a burning building, people throwing things at a fire. 

It was an eventful day for the city of baltimore and it is still ongoing. I had major deja vu to the rodney king riots however these are different. First off I firmly believe these riots are because of police brutality not because of skin color. The cops actually stayed in the city and made sure things didn't get even more out of hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment