Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Skinny shaming is real

Fat shaming is the one that grabs all the headlines and anger and outrage but skinny shaming is also real and more prevalent. Shaming just means your making fun of that person for their weight. I have a kurt cobain body type and everywhere I go I always hear snippy comments about my weight. However there is nobody making support groups and women being outraged someone can say your too skinny. When I walk by the beauty section at walmart or target I get dirty looks. At mccdonald's the cashiers don't think I could eat 2 combos by myself and assume it's for someone else. I always get the "you should eat more" lines when I already have a fast food heavy diet among with mexican food. I have a bag of quaker oats granola with me and I have a bag of skittles in my dresser drawer. Just like how it's not ok to make fun of someone for being overweight, it's not fun to be made fun of for being thin. This skinny shaming goes unnoticed in society though


No comments:

Post a Comment