Wednesday, January 18, 2017

I didn't have internet since late saturday night also my work slowed down a lot

There was a planned power outage on saturday night due to some construction in my neighborhood but it went out later then expected so I was able to see a 1978 episode of saturday night live where carrie fisher was the guest host. Yes she did a princess leia impression and bill murray was good as always

Ok the power returned on sunday morning and the internet.......didn't. I did all the unplugging and rebooting song and dance and nothing. It would broadcast a wifi signal that I could connect to but I got no internet. So I waited until monday morning to call and schedule a repairman to come by which he did today(wednesday) but between then I was without internet. That is 3 full days of no internet. Luckily I was able to go to the mall on tuesday and use the wifi and my asus eee netbook and I also got to see some of my coworkers so it was a surprise for them. Speaking of my job, ever since after christmas, things have slowed down even more so in january. When I last worked on saturday morning to evening there was only 5 or 6 cashiers scheduled the whole day. I am still employed but I am not scheduled all this week and I am not sure if I will be hired for a permanent position or it's good bye. I like my co workers and I got buddy buddy with some of them especially with one that we have a special work bond as I call it. We were both at the group interview and we got hired and since we were both new we made a pact to look out for each other

I saw that co worker on my 3nd to last day and gave them my number to keep in touch with me but the power went out and they haven't texted me sooooo either I'm a boring person or they didn't save my # right or they are waiting until the week ends to see where we stand job wise. I was hoping to see them yesterday as they were scheduled that day but I didn't see them and hopefully that dosen't mean the end as they are a good person/friend and I don't want it to end just like that. I enjoyed my time at burlington and my co workers were nice and I was pretty well liked which is ironic as I have a hard time making friends and I'm awkward. Sure I spent a lot of shifts over caffeinated and I stressed out over little things but it was fun most of the time

No comments:

Post a Comment