Sunday, January 29, 2017

Superstore is my new favorite show

By which I mean superstore on nbc, it's a tv show with work place comedy similar to the office only this takes place at a walmart like store. It's on thursday nights on nbc at 8pm but I mostly watch the episodes on demand since I work on those times. It stars america ferrara of ugly betty fame as amy a supervisor at cloud 9. The other main characters are Jonah(was new employee) cheyenne(teen mom and looks a lot like a co worker of mine), dina(assistant manager also reminds me of a co worker), garrett(who is in a wheelchair), glenn(store manager and nice guy), mateo(pinoy pride and also reminds me of a co worker)

When the show started I still had my job last year at a warehouse where I would take then edit pictures and upload them and now I work in retail and this show reminds me a lot of my workplace but first, superstore is pretty clever and has good writing/acting(especially nicole bloom as cheyenne) so it is worth a watch. There isn't much continuity between episodes with the exception of cheyenne giving birth and dina having a crush on jonah so you can watch almost any episode out of order and not miss much. The only exception is the 1st episode which establishes the show and the 2 part strike episodes

I like the random little side parts of the show like when cheyenne wanted some cloud 9 brand baby stuff that was 80% off and the district manager was in the store so she couldn't buy them on her shift. She saw a lady taking a bunch so she slowly moved the cart and made a >.> face, this is why she's my favorite character among with how she catfished her school teacher. Also her facial expressions are the best and she looks a lot like my co worker who I'm tight with and is the one who I gave my # to a few weeks ago. Amy and mateo and jonah are the best among with dina and garrett. It reminds me of my work that when we get the right mix of employees it's fun and "banging" as bo would say(cheyenne's bf and wannabe rapper) who is also a good actor and not a employee at cloud 9. I should start reviewing this show similar to how I did with the wonder years


No comments:

Post a Comment