Saturday, January 7, 2017

Retro saturdays and rice krispie treats

Not to be confused with the cereal of a similar name, rice krispie treats are a small granola type bar of rice krispie cereal(note the lack of the word treats) and a marshmellow holding it together as a yummy glue. So 1st came rice krispie cereal then the treats(what this blog post is about) then the cereal with chunks of rice krispie treats, got it? ok I'll cover the other 2 iin future posts. I could not get enough of rkt, every time I went to food 4 less I would throw a box or 2 into the cart then I would run off and read the latest issue of expert gamer or egm

I miss those times and that food 4 less, the rice krispie treats tasted like a sweet marshmellow and a hint of rice but I wanted more and more. They were that good, I haven't had one in about 14 years or so give or take a year or 3

I think I'll look to see if they are still sold next time I go to target/walmart/smart and final just to get some boxes for nostalgia's sake. People still make home made versions of the treats as a thanksgiving or christmas and new year's snack so I'm glad this product still has an impact on the world


No comments:

Post a Comment