Saturday, January 28, 2017

Retro saturdays and clayfighter 63 1/3

The 3rd game in the clayfighter series, clayfighter 63 1/3 has warm nostalgic memories for me that it may not have for others. I'll explain but first I'll mention the weird name. Yes it actually has a 63 1/3 in it's name, at the time of it's release, a lot of n64 games had the subtitle 64 slapped on and clayfighter bucked this trend. Ok the game itself plays a lot like killer instinct gold or street fighter alpha 2. You can build up your special bars and you can get knocked through the background into another level. There are hidden fighters like sumo santo and boogerman and the combo system apes from killer instinct. There are also fatalties

The reason why this game is nostalgic for me is that I rented it from hollywood video pretty soon after it's release. However here's why it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling, I didn't have any n64 at the time as they were too expensive so I rented one from hollywood video(yes you could rent systems) for 3 days and those 3 days were magical and spent with as much time as possible trying to play the n64. I would later own it and the magic was gone. The game itself is good and solid but there's nothing like being a kid and having 3 free days to spend as much time as possible playing to your heart's content


No comments:

Post a Comment