Friday, January 20, 2017

Retro fridays and man in the box by alice in chains

For most of my childhood this song was everywhere and I do mean everywhere, I would be riding my bike with my friends and someone would go by blasting this song. I would go to kb toys at the whittwood mall and people would be blasting it in the parking lot and it would come on the mall's muzak system. I would go to a mcdonald's and this song would also come on the muzak

You could not avoid it even on tv and so I accepted it and it became part of my childhood. I didn't know who sang it or what it was called, I just knew it had a distorted guitar and it was about a man in the box. The guitar riffs are what made me a fan as they are crunchtastic and memorable and catchy

Sadly this song faded out of popularity later in the decade but it was fun while it lasted. Sometimes I bust out the flannel and listen to this song and it's like old times

Here's the link to the video

No comments:

Post a Comment