Sunday, December 28, 2014

Anyone have issues with covered CA (aka obamacare) healthcare?

I used to have health care when I was still in high school and then I didn't once I became 18. I have floated on without healthcare since then. Thanks to obamacare(covered CA) I had to sign up for healthcare even though I been living a stress less life without it. The signing up process was annoying but things got worse when I started getting letters in the mail. I got one in oct from an office in norwalk that I need to provide proof on income,citizenship and another thing. I had until dec 20 or my case will be dismissed. So I didn't do anything since I don't have proof of income(yeah I somehow have a paystub of being unemployed).

In early dec I got 6 or 8 letters saying I qualify for medi-cal in emergency use only and in a different letter my medical benefits card. The 6 or 8 letters all say the same thing however each one has a different month on when my coverage would start ranging from january to october. These letters all came from sacremento and I felt conflicted "do I or do I not have insurance?".

To further confuse me, I got 2 packets last week. One is for me to pick a doctor and the other is to pick a dentist.  So I could or not or could have health insurance? and what happens if I were to pick a doctor? would I get charged money out the wazoo(they don't mention costs). The doctor packet also lets me pick a healthcare plan such as healthnet which confuses me even more. I lived a simpler life without all this healthcare stuff to worry about and It's not like I was going to see a doctor anytime soon. So I am going to do nothing and I won't get charged any fees since I don't work. I hope to get a job with healthcare as that is one of my new year's resolutions

No comments:

Post a Comment