Saturday, December 13, 2014

Retro saturdays and a toys r us ad from 1996 involving the super nintendo

I think it's from 1996 because of madden 97 and donkey kong country 3. Check out those prices and keep in mind this is in 1996 money. For example, I wanted donkey kong country 3 but it's $59.99 which is $90 in today's money. This is why I didn't have much snes games and why I bought most of my games at the swapmeet. Street fighter alpha 2 was a lot cheaper then what it was listed. Donkey kong country 2 was more expensive with sears selling it as high as $64.99. I'm glad I don't live in the era of expensive games. Yes I know ps3 games cost $59.99 but that is in today's money and you get a lot more for your money. Can you imagine saving up your christmas money to buy marvel war of the gems then being disappointed in it? That didn't happen to me though but I have played that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment