Friday, December 5, 2014

Retro fridays and nirvana

What can be more 90's then nirvana? well the only thing that comes to mind is the super nintendo and mmpr and kmart. Anyways I miss k.cobain and wish he was still making music since dave grohl is content with making generic rock. Whenever I hear a nirvana song I think of a happier time in the world and kmart for some reason. They do go hand in hand that after 1994, kmart was struggling mightily. I imagine in 1992-94 you would hear and see nirvana on the tv's in the electronics section(check out the new nirvana album). I would play donkey kong country 1 on the super nintendo that is in a kiosk. I find it deliciously ironic that teenagers nowadays are much more apathetic then in the early 90's. It seems like everyone is always looking down at their phone and not really caring much about anything. The few chances I get to drive, I blast smells like teen spirit or serve the servants or scentless apprentice and I imagine it's 1993. I really miss super (or big) kmart and whenever I go to the current regular kmart, I hear nirvana music. The big kmart in the picture looks just like how it did in 1993 although the vending machine is more modern.  Looks like teenage angst has paid off well



No comments:

Post a Comment