Friday, May 15, 2015

retro fridays and big magazine racks

Something that seems to have vanished with the 90's is big magazine racks. For example at stater bros the rack used to be behind the sodas and took up half the long aisle. Now they moved it near the entrance and is 1/4 the size. Sure there are less magazines now(nintendo power,YM, elle girl, EGM2, OPM,) but it is sad to see a small magazine rack. Some of my favorite childhood memories involve checking out the latest issue of EGM2 or cracked or nintendo power or disney adventures. Now all those magazines are gone. I remember there was at least 6 different types of video game magazines. I got the january 1998 issue of nintendo power at toys r us and I still have it even if that tru is gone. I got a nirvana issue of guitar world when I went to oregon in 2003 and I still have it. I got an official playstation magazine when I got my playstation in late 1999. I used to look through tips and tricks for codes and moves and write them down on note cards. I used to have a subscription to nintendo power and PSM and game informer

All these memories can't be made with today's kids, can you imagine someone looking through a magazine for the latest news. RIP to a big part of my childhood

No comments:

Post a Comment