Friday, October 14, 2016

Retro fridays and fatlip the sum 41 song

I remember when this song came out, pop punk was a huge exploding genre especially among the 8 to 40 crowd. Even more so among middle schoolers that thought they were edgy and cool for listening to blink 182 and green day. I know because I would get made fun of for thinking pop punk was soft and meh and for liking judas priest and iron maiden

I would make fun of people HARD that liked sum 41 and I even called it suck 41(creative right?)no I didn't bully them, they made fun of me for liking metal so I turned it around on them. Anyways onto the song, fatlip was and still is the biggest single sum 41 has had. It came out in the early 00's and blew up, almost every girl from 8 to 20 at the time liked this song. It was the most 00's song at the right time. By right time I mean when pop punk was THE genre

The song itself is about not wanting to waste my time and become a conformist in the world. The video is what took it over the top. It was extremely popular on TRL(remember that?) and it revolved around the band playing in a backyard and crowds of people jumping around, you know your typical early 00's music video

I could not get away from this song and I'm glad everyone has forgotten about it. Anyways here's the link to the music video


No comments:

Post a Comment