Saturday, October 29, 2016

Retro saturdays and goosebumps tv show: piano lessons can be murder

It's been years since I seen these goosebumps episodes so a lot of these posts are based off my memory and not me watching the episode while taking notes. Piano lessons can be murder is one such episode but it does have a stand out scene that has stayed stuck with me ever since I saw it. I'm not sure if the family gets haunted by a piano that most likely the dad bought or the house they moved in was already haunted by a ghost that likes to play the piano. The important thing is that there is a ghost that plays a piano. Jerry the main character goes to piano lessons that seems to take place at a sketchy former warehouse. I'm not sure why his mom drops him off everyday in the ford taurus but I assume it's because she has a drinking problem and this is a way to hide her shame from her son

Picture a warehouse that manufacturers car engines, now picture that building abandoned for years. That is similar to where jerry is going for his piano lessons, I understand pianos are big but you don't need a shopping mall building to tutor kids in piano. That should have set off a lot of red flags but it's the 90's and jerry's mom doesn't care. Of course something is up with the building and jerry's teacher and he runs into a robot that isn't explained but in goosebumps world it makes sense. There is a sequence where jerry runs away from practice then comes back the next day and so on. I don't remember much of this episode because the plot is as thin as low calorie oreo crackers

Also because one scene in particular, Jerry is exploring or running away from his teacher when he runs into a big room with floating hands playing pianos. It's not just 2 hands but many, around 20 all playing pianos like some sort of slave hands. The song they are all playing is beethoven's moonlight sonata which makes it really kreepy as it has stayed in my mind all these years. Just listen to the song, something about it makes it seem like a horror song even if it's not intended

Here's the link to the episode if you want to watch it and now I remember that the kreepy possibly pedo teacher wanted jerry's hands. Yeah that makes him seem normal right, that also explains why he has so much floating hands as he takes them from students and forces them to play

No comments:

Post a Comment