Saturday, October 29, 2016

Retro saturdays and twisted metal 2

Twisted metal 2 is of course the sequel to twisted metal 1, if you have never played a tm game it's car combat free for all similar to a fps but in a car. At the time it was pretty innovative and fresh and helped the ps1 gain some steam. The 2nd game takes what makes everything great about tm1 and improves upon it in every which way

There are more (bigger) levels and more characters and even the final boss from tm1 is a selectable character. The plot is pretty thin but that's ok because it's all about the gameplay and that is tight. You can hit an opponent with a bomb then hide behind a building and pop out and fire a missle and it will all seem natural. I 1st played tm2 at a friend's house who was older then me and I thought it was the greatest thing ever. I could not get enough of this game and I wanted a ps1 and tm2(which I would get about a decade later. When it was released, tm2 was one of the biggest killer apps for the playstation and helped turn the tides towards sony

You should play it at least once even if the graphics are dated and minion and sweet tooth are overpowered




No comments:

Post a Comment