Friday, October 7, 2016

Retro fridays and street fighter 2

This is about the original sf2 and not it's half assed semi sequels championship edition and turbo. I 1st played this game in an arcade and instantly loved it. I choose ken and although I didn't know how to do any moves such as the dragon punch or a hurricane kick, I knew this was a good game well worth my quarters even at a young age. Since I couldn't look up moves on the internet as I didn't have a pc, I asked some kids on the playground and looked up moves list on egm2. Although they were for super street fighter 2, the moves input were unchanged

I went back a week later and once I did that 1st dragon punch I was unstoppable and did a evil person mwahaha laugh. Ok I wasn't that good as most of my offense consisted of low kicks and dragon punches and hadokens. It's ok, I had fun getting to vega as he is still extremely cheap and loved to throw you out of a dragon punch while you contemplate spending the $1 you have for ice cream. I prefered my delicious creamy treats then more punishment from vega

When I got a snes, sf2 was my most rented game and I finally beat it at 5 stars. The ending was a gyp but it felt like an accomplishment. I still remember how to hadoken and dragon punch and sonic boom and be extremely cheap

No comments:

Post a Comment