Monday, October 31, 2016

I was employed by a pop up shop in oct and I did not work a single day

I won't say the name but I'm sure you can put the peanut butter and jelly together. When october started I had high hopes of getting this temp job because I liked the store and it was close to my house. In case your wondering how this happened well like any job, you would have to be scheduled and those are the days you work. The difference was I wasn't scheduled no matter how many times I called or went in person. I really think I got hired just fate and life can taunt me and because I am a joke that can be employeed at a company and not work a single day

It says a lot about that store but it's not like I sat there like a girl that got stood up for prom(I don't know what it's like as I never got asked to a school dance nor did I ask anyone) and twiddled my thumbs. I applied at places and quickly got rejected at some but I didn't give up and I'm still job hunting so hopefully something good happens soon and not fate taunting me. For example last week I ate and slept job applications(not really but you get the idea) and I expect to be bombarded with calls this week but I won't let up on the applying at places

In case your wondering, yes I really did get hired, I filled out all the forms and paperwork and w4(oe 2, the tax form in a job) and I got the employee handbook and asked what size shirt I wear and all that good stuff. I talked to the store manager and they said they would call me soon to let me know what days I would be working only that call never came. I called and would get no answer regardless of the day or times I would call, when I would go in person, the manager was never there again despite me going at random times and on random days. In fact one time I door warmed(waited for the store to open) and got dirty looks from the employees and a hmmpph face. That doesn't sound like a fun work environment if the employees are being rude to customers(I also got a oh great, not you) but I was still willing to work there. Now I have to hope and pray I get a job soon and this makes it hard to enjoy hallowen but happy halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment