Friday, October 21, 2016

Retro fridays and the world of nintendo previews tv

I vividly remember this being at toys r us and it's something I half payed attention similar to elevator music. The world of nintendo is simply a tv with a tablemat menu of games. Each box art of a game is pressable and when you uhhh..pressed a game then the tv would display a clip of that game. I don't remember a lot of the previews except for one, Donkey kong country 3

That one involved a gorilla riding a motorcycle inter spliced with footage of dkc3. I think I saw it at kmart but it may have been target or best buy. I just have vague fading memories of the tv screen and the movie aisle that I been trying to probe my mind and get a clearer memory of. However your brain doesn't work that way

Anyways these usually had clips of old games too and were popular well into the late 90's. Even if you didn't press anything it would play random footage of different games. I know because I spent a lot of time at toys r us looking at the video games while this was on in the background, I would lift up the flap to see the back cover and hmm... this looks good

No comments:

Post a Comment