Tuesday, August 5, 2014

CVS Photo lab

In case your wondering on my job applications progress, well I logged into college central network and applied at CVS in the photo lab. If you been to a CVS it is the person that's usually near the photo department and they wear a white lab coat. The questions they ask are tough but fair and it's not something you can finish in 5 mins. I don't know why they ask for retail experience since having printer and photography experience(which I have) would help a lot more. I think being tech savy and having a photography background gives me a leg up over someone that has only worked at sears or jcpenny's. I know which printer is the head printer(which lets you cancel and delete a print job). I know how to replace ink cartridges and how to fix a paper jam. I know the differences on photopaper between glossy and semi matte and fiber. I know how to develop and make prints with black and white film. I have spent lots of hours in a darkroom. Sadly CVS will just look at my experience and pass me over even though I have a really flexible schedule and the store is close to me so I can be there in 5 minutes. The lack of experience is what frustrates me the most in job hunting   

No comments:

Post a Comment