Friday, August 8, 2014

Retro fridays and the x-files

Since fridays feel more retro then thursdays I thought I post this entry about the x-files. Every sunday night (usually) at 9pm my dad would watch the x-files while I tried to go to sleep since I turned off the tv at 9. I remember hearing the theme song and it would creep me out especially since I didn't understand some of the stuff and thought it was real. Sometimes I couldn't sleep so I would watch it with my dad. The 2 episodes I remember the most was this one about a hillbilly family and incest and they lived in a rundown house with no electricity or water. It is an extremely disturbing episode to watch now much less when I was little. Another one I remember was the crossover episode with cops. Since I used to watch cops and america's most wanted every saturday night I assumed that episode was real because cops was real. Every time I went outside at night I would think that creature was lurking in the shadows. As I got older I realized that the show was not real but it still creeped me out especially the theme song. Recently channel LOGO decided to air the show. I been trying to watch all the episodes and I have becomed hooked. Sure the plot can be complicated at times but it is highly engrossing and well written and has great acting by mulder and scully. It doesn't scare me anymore because some of the effects and monsters are pretty cheesy but it is still a great horror show. Here is my tv guides I have with x-files covers. TV guides are another thing I will cover on another entry of retro fridays

 

No comments:

Post a Comment