Friday, August 15, 2014

Retro fridays Toys r us

Since fridays are more retro then thursdays I thought I post about toys r us. This picture is from 1995 or 1996 I believe. I can imagine myself going inside and going to the lego section and to the video game section and to check out the new goosebumps books. Toys r us still exists however I believe it is a shell of itself. It has a small video game area and the book section is nonexistent. Anyways I have very fond memories of going to TRU when I was a kid. Sadly my childhood TRU closed down in 2012. While it didn't go somewhere, it left a big void in a formerly busy shopping center. One of my biggest fantasies is time traveling to 1993 and going to TRU and it will be exactly how it was back then. Even if I don't buy anything I will still cherish every second. Time travel may not exist but I keep dreaming it might one day. In the meantime, I'll keep up the retro fridays



No comments:

Post a Comment