Sunday, August 10, 2014

Fiesta swapmeet at the pico rivera sports arena

In case your not familiar with the fiesta swapmeet. It was a swapmeet that used to be in the grassy area in front of the pico rivera sports arena. I stopped happening in 2003 or 2004 I think and I miss it a lot. I remember the last time I went my mom said It would still be there and it wasn't going anywhere. Well It must have went somewhere since only the grass is left. By the way it is off the 605 freeway near rose hills cemetery. I bought dazed and confused on vhs on a wim and a good fan for $5 and game informer magazines for $1. I miss it because there was a lot of normal people selling stuff it wasn't like the santa fe springs swapmeet where you see the same people selling the same stuff and they were pretty much a store. The fiesta swapmeet had more used/swapmeet stuff. I love swapmeets and I hope to find another that is like that. The vineland one is similar but it still has "stores". I'll try the paramount swapmeet one of these days. I haven't been there since 2004. In this picture the swapmeet used to be among the fence and grass

 

No comments:

Post a Comment