Monday, August 25, 2014

The wonder years 18&19 and wwf smackdown and school

In case your wondering why I didn't post a blog entry yesterday, well the semester has officially started and 2 of my classes are online so I already have assignments due and I already have completed most of my work. Tomorrow is when my on campus classes start at rio hondo. I usually take classes on mondays & wednesdays but this semester I could only make the schedule work if I took classes that start at 3:30 pm and the last class has a lab that ends at 10pm. Since I ride the bus I will attempt to get out around 8:30 or 9pm(which is when the last bus passes by the school). I don't know anyone in my classes and I have a hard time making friends much less asking them for rides. 

Today I only watched 2 episodes of the wonder years because I watched the 1st episode of wwf smackdown. The first episode I saw was about kevin dealing with a bully named eddie. Eddie beats up kevin for no reason and his cronies give paul a swirlie. Kevin keeps taking his punishment while in the subplot, winnie is still mad at him for talking behind her back. To make things worse, winnie starts to date eddie and she mentions that kevin is a jerk. Eddie beats up kevin and kevin does try to fight back. In slow-mo we see kevin rear back his fist and..............he misses badly by hitting eddie on the shoulder. Eddie gleefully pounds kevin. The next day eddie is teasing winnie then kevin for some reason decides to stand up to him and then...........the results are the same. Kevin gets his face smashed then winnie forgives him. Paul and winnie have to help kevin walk home but he is happy with how things are. 

The 2nd episode I saw was about kevin's birthday. Ever since paul and kevin were little, they're birthdays were 4 days apart so they always celebrated them together. This year things are different, paul is jewish and turning 13 so he is having a bar mitzvah. To make things worse, it is on the same day as kevin's birthday. Kevin is feeling jealous that his parents aren't planning anything and his dad is busy working on getting the family impala fixed. Eventually kevin has a ok birthday and he goes to paul's bar mitzvah. He is proud to be a part of something big in paul's life. 

I saved wwf smackdown for last. It premiered in august 26 1999 which also happens to be my brother's birthday. I was watching it with the weirdest sense of deja vu. Back then I used to go to bed at 9pm sharp since I had a fear of waking up late and being late for school and everyone looking at me when I showed up. I got off road but anyways it is so surreal watching the WWF. I never realized how ingrained it is to hear wwe and world wrestling entertainment that is a shock to hear wwf and world wrestling federation. It is sad how only 3 wrestlers from the debut show are still active wrestlers, well 5 if you count the rock and the undertaker(which I don't). Kane doesn't wrestle much nowadays and is used as a position of authority and to beat people up. Mark henry is even more popular now then he was back then. Triple H is semi retired. The rock is a part time wrestler and right now is making movies. The undertaker only wrestles one match a year and the rumor is that he might retire. It is also tragic seeing 3 now dead wrestlers. It is even more heart breaking when 2 of them had a faceoff. They were the big boss man and test. Also owen hart had a part as the blue blazer. Back then there was a lot more interview segments but they were kept sweet and short. The main event was the rock and stone cold against triple H and the undertaker(who joined forces with the corporation in order to make the corporate ministry). I don't remember who won since it ended in a DQ and then half the locker room came out and got into a brawl. 

I'll make an effort to keep up my blog and to apply at jobs. The buffalo wild wings that is being constructed where nickle nickle used to be is hiring on snagajob. I will attempt to apply there later on today. By the way, if anyone has any art supplies such as those pencils and erasers and paper that artists use(not the kind you can buy at target) then I would appreciate it if you can sell me some.  

No comments:

Post a Comment