Thursday, August 21, 2014

I started watching the wonder years

I am going to eventually watch all of the episodes of the wonder years. I have all of them on dvd and they are from the original broadcast and not the edited versions on netflix. Anyways I watched the first 4 episodes back to back. I thought the pilot was going to be boring but it turned out to be really touching especially when kevin and winnie have their first kiss at the park. She reminds me a lot of my neighbor who lived across the street from me throughout my childhood except I didn't kiss her. The 2nd episode was about winnie's brother funeral and how kevin wanted to kiss her again but they didn't and they rather enjoy being kids while it lasts. The other subplot was sex ed being taught in kevin's p.e class. The teacher does a bad job of explaining it so kevin and paul buy/steal a book titled "everything you always wanted to know about sex". The 3rd episode was about kevin wondering why his dad is always mad after work so he goes to work with his dad. He eventually discovers that even his dad gets bossed around and understands why he is always grumpy. The 4th episode was one about karen's(kevin's sister) hippie boyfriend. He rubs kevin the wrong way and he accidentally listens in on his phone conversation and discovers he has another gf. Things erupt at the dinner table when the boyfriend and kevin's dad argue over the importance of war. Finally, karen discovers that kevin was right and breaks down then cries.  I look forward to the rest of the show. I need 2 more episodes and Ill be done with season 1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment