Thursday, August 7, 2014

Scott pilgrim vs the world

If anyone ever asks me, this is one of my favorite movies. In case your not familiar, it is based on the 6 scott pilgrim manga books which I'll discuss in another post. It's the story of a guy named scott pilgrim who dates a 17 year old chinese school girl named knives chau. Scott has dreams where he sees a girl with violet hair and roller blades. He sees her in real life and meets up with her at a party. Eventually they date and she comes with baggage in the from of 7 evil exes. Scott must defeat them all in order to continue dating ramona. I got a little too far and must mention he dumped knives for ramona. The movie is 2 hours and something long I believe yet it still feels short because of the pace. It feels like it's made by someone with ADD and everyone has a little intro note. I wish it was split into 2 movies instead of cramming everything into 1 film. If your a nerd or like video games or just want to see a cheesy love movie then watch it. It's really quotable and the best character is scott's gay roommate wallace wells "
Okay, presumeably, you may have just seen a dude's junk, and I'm very sorry for that... so is he."
The music is great especially if your into indie or garage rock. I'm not into either but I still like scott's band and envy's performance of black sheep. I also forgot to mention this movie stays fresh everytime you watch it due to the little things going on in the background. For example when knives first meets scott's band, watch where he leaves her coat

No comments:

Post a Comment