Saturday, December 19, 2015

Retro saturdays and titanic(the movie)

Yes the 1997 classic with jack and rose. I rented it from hollywood video (RIP) on vhs. It was so long it was on 2 cassettes and yes I got charged as 1 movie. The thing that surprised me the most like any other preteen boy was the surprise nudity. This was during a time that having a computer wasn't common and movies just had the rating without an information why unlike today(strong violence, brief nudity etc)

Oh it was still a touching film especially ending(where I presume that rose died and I hope that's what happens when you die) and of course the scene where the man in the lifeboat finds a mother frozen to death with her baby(that is incredibly sad even if it's not real).

When it came out in theaters it was "cool" to watch it multiple times so that's why it made so much $$$. If you want to make a grown man cry then put on my heart will go on by celion dion and the waterworks will flow, that also works on women,toddlers, dogs and goats.

Now I feel like watching it especially the tnt version that ends up being around 4 hours long, my mom was in the hospital when my sister was announced to her(I worded that wrong) meanwhile I was in the waiting room watching titanic on tbs from start to finish because my dad said she would be right out. Yes I waited that long and I only left because I picked up my brother from his friend's house.

My mom did call an hour later and said she would be staying overnight at the hospital, I was thinking of the things I could have done at home instead of being at the waiting room watching titanic. One last time, shortly after it was released it was cool to say I'm king of the world and anyone who was around then has attempted to forget those cringe worthy moments


No comments:

Post a Comment