Friday, September 9, 2016

Retro fridays and boy meets world

One of my inspirations for retro fridays is boy meets world, simply because every friday on tgif I would try to tune in and catch bmw. It became part of my life just as much as going to the santa fe springs swapmeet in the 90's. So whenever I hear the intros to bmw I get taken back to my childhood

Boy meets world is a coming of age sitcom about a little boy who grows into adulthood. He lives in philly with his parents and his teacher is his neighbor, he has a best friend named shawn and later a girlfriend named topanga(named after the canyons). The show starts off in middle school and ends at the very end of college

Cory matthews is the main character and he is the reason the show is great. He loves(mostly topanga) he strikes out with women, he works for the mob, he gets his driver's license, he and shawn get drunk. There are way too many good episodes to list as I highly suggest you watch it

The later college seasons have a different feel compared to the middle school/high school ones and the show was jumping so many sharks, they were jumping whales but it is also good tv. Sometimes you laughed and other times you cried(especially the last part of the last episode) but bmw is good wholesome tv for almost all ages

For the longest time there was only boy meets world however now there is a sequel called girl meets world on the disney channel. Viewers like me appreciate all the little cameos and references to boy meets world such as the current opening of girl meets world being very similar to boy meets world

I half expect tgif to be on tonight but it's not meant to be


No comments:

Post a Comment