Saturday, September 3, 2016

Retro saturdays and baby bottle pops

I think these have been around since the 80's but I believe their prime was in the 90's or at least it feels that way because of the commercials that I still remember the jingle. "It's baby bottle pop!" Anywho this candy was extremely popular especially among the rave community and goths and cyber goths and internet goths and whatever other cyber and goth sub cultures existed at that time

Like it's name suggests, it is a bottle shapped like a baby bottle only instead of a rubber nipple it has a lollipop nipple and the inside of the bottle had powder very similar to a fun dip or pixie stick

I remember them costing 50 cents and the powder would dye your tongue different colors and it always ran out quickly. The more daring kids wouldn't bother dipping their lollipop nipple and instead they would down all the powder in their mouths like a little beer chugg for kids

Baby bottle pops are still made or maybe they aren't, I don't pay much attention to modern candy but I sure could go for one

No comments:

Post a Comment