Sunday, September 11, 2016

Today is sept 11

I vividly remember that tragic day on 2001. My 1st ever flight was on june 31st then I came back on august 30th. I remember my dad being able to go all the way to the boarding gate even though he did not have a ticket, I also remember that ever since I saw home alone 2, I wanted to go to the twin towers like kevin did and look up in amazement

Sadly terrorists had to ruin that dream, I was getting ready for school that day and eating cereal while watching tv on my 13 inch small tv. I didn't understand why the building was smoking or who this bearded man was and why it was on all the channels. I went to the school and I had a full day however all the teachers sounded like they wanted to cry, some explained what happened and answered questions. Others just pretended it was a normal. It wasn't and it would be awhile before things felt normal again

The whole day and the next few days was full of news about the twin towers. I couldn't understand why someone would do this, then there was the benefit concert and wwe smackdown and the mets game. Slowly things drifted away from the news and onto our normal lives. I remember getting a never forget shirt that I still have and I have never forgotten. I spent the days playing ps1 and tony hawk's proskater 2 wondering how things would change

It is sad that people think the government did it as those people will believe anything and I can use their own logic to "prove" the twin towers never existed, but 9/11 did happen and the twin towers did exist and they went down by terrorists. I will tell my sister what happened on that day as she was born on 2012 and has no idea what 9/11 was like. I will share my experience and the ones of others. The memories will live on




No comments:

Post a Comment