Saturday, September 17, 2016

Retro saturdays and goof troop the video game

Goof troop the game was based on the hit tv show goof troop(yeah way to title a game) for the super nintendo and possibly sega genesis. I just remember it being a super nintendo game and that's what I have my fond memories with. I have only seen a few half ass glances of the show so I am not sure if the game is faithful to the series or if it's a total departure

Anyways it's 1 or 2 player puzzler/adventure game in a similar manner to the bomberman games. You can control goofy or max and you work co op to solve the puzzles of a room, think like a zelda game only more complicated puzzles and less enemies(who respawn frequently) For example, look at this picture and visualize how your going to get the gem. It seems easy until you realize you need at least 3 keys and a raft to each it(usually you can't get every item) I rented this game frequently from a video store that was about 500 feet away from me(more or less) and I should do a retro friday about that video store

I never beat it as it get's repetitive about 40 mins in but it is still a fun game that brings me back a lot of nostalgia. Yes it is worth a play especially 2 player mode with someone sharp and trustworthy(they could cover your back from enemies) I think I'll bust it out and teach my sister how to play



No comments:

Post a Comment