Saturday, September 17, 2016

Retro saturdays and tech deck

Tech decks like it's name suggest, are mini skateboards. That's all there is to them. They are very similar to a professional skateboard only smaller, they have the same parts such as bearings and grip tape and bushings and risers and wheels with cool designs on them

Sure there was other brands but the tech deck name is the one that had the officially licensed boards and designs which is a big difference maker. Released in the early 00's at the height of skateboarding's resurgance, these tiny boards were a hit. I had 2 or 3 and the smaller mini versions. Yes tech deck came out with an even smaller version of the skateboards. These are still sold in target but no one buys them as they have gone up in price by a lot

I remember getting one for $1.49 at kb toys and now it's $4.99 for one from what I last remember. Tech deck also released mini ramps and quarter and half pipes to make you feel like a mini tony hawk. The best part is you could do actual tricks with your fingers on the board. I learned how to do an ollie and kickflip and pop shove it and darkslide

I think I'll bust out my tech decks and do some kickflips off some folders just like how I did in middle school


No comments:

Post a Comment