Friday, September 16, 2016

Retro fridays and razor scooters

I'm not sure how the fad started but the late 90's to early 00's it was extremely cool to own and ride a razor(or offbrand) scooter. Looking back at it, LOL I looked like a dork riding one and I still would(I still have my scooter) but it would come in handy. If you seen back to the future 1 or 2 then you picture something like the things marty breaks to make his skateboard/hoverboard only thinner and more metallic in appearance

There isn't much to a scooter, just a board with 2 wheels and a fender cover that doubles as the brake and fold able handlebars. They were low to the ground and with the small wheels it was easy to fall over thanks to even the smallest crack in the sidewalk. They don't keep momentum well and are easily stolen but they were popular and I'll forget the 1st time I rode a scooter. Even to this day when someone mentions the word scooter, I don't think of the motorcycle but the razor scooter which is the cool brand

Hey look you can buy one for $19.99 or $29.99 on target.com, a far cry from the $100 to $150 when the fad was raging

No comments:

Post a Comment