Friday, September 23, 2016

Retro fridays and the legend of zelda:the ocarina of time

My memories of this game go back to the early days of the n64. I remember reading about zelda 64 in nintendo power and gamepro magazines where it was expected to be released on the DD(disk drive) as an n64 cartridge could not handle the space the game needs. Well the DD got delayed then canceled in the usa so zelda 64 was ported to the n64 and re titled the ocarina of time

I had a subscription to nintendo power magazine in 1998 and literally every issue hyped up Oot big time, when it was finally released it was branded the game of the cenutry. The very 1st time I played Oot was at best buy where the music of kokori forest decided to permanently embed itself in my brain(I can still here it now) I wanted this game but I didn't have a nintendo 64 so you can see the problem

It was a revolutionary game that holds up today especially the 3ds port that I own and love. The 1st time I got Oot was in the gamecube zelda collection disc. My friend beat most of the early parts for me and he got to jabu jabu's belly where I quickly got stuck and lost interest in the game. I would later own it on my wii and the same thing happened

The 3ds version is where I finally made progress and have moved onto goron's mountain.Every time I hear the music I think back to 1998 when I would play Oot at best buy


No comments:

Post a Comment